Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mackenzie Phillips on OPRAH

Mackenzie Phillips in reappearing on the Oprah Show today, and as I sit and watch I must say I am grateful that I don’t feel her pain. If you have not seen or know her story, she was sexually abused by her father from an early age until early adulthood. The story is very deep and horrifying. Today, many other women are sharing their similar experiences of abuse.

Something struck me as I’m watching. Mackenzie said, “my father introduced me to drugs at a very young age, and I now realize that he was “grooming” me for some type of inappropriate behavior.” This is major! Is someone grooming you? Is someone grooming your children? Are you being or have you been brain-washed? Are you children protected, are they safe?

These questions are scary and they hurt. But I will tell you this… You should not be upset to STAND UP FOR YOURSELF and YOUR CHILDREN! Stand up and say “no”. Stand up and say NO MORE, I am taking back my life, even now! And DO IT!

If you child is “tugging” on the pants leg of her father, if your son is begging for attention from his mother. PAY ATTENTION! Speak to your children, be there for your family! Ask these important questions and answer them truthfully.

People are still being abused every day and we can’t continue to turn a deaf ear to the cries of our family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment