Friday, February 25, 2011

Learn not Relearn.

How is it possible that even though you know something, you still end up doing the other thing or not doing what you know? LOL I just confused myself. Ok let me explain. I talk about lessons often mainly because I try to make every experience a learned lessons… that way I don’t have to come back to it again! However, it doesn’t always work that way.

As I was thinking about this in particular, I realized that lessons are something you didn’t know before… something new that you are learning, therefore trying to recognize the lesson rather the see the lesson (as it is revealed) are two very important and different things.

Here’s my thought on it. If you can recognize the lesson in something that’s constantly showing up in your life, the critical aspect of that lesson is not being learned, because it keeps showing up. The critical aspect of it is not something you already know – it’s got to be a concept or revelation that you haven’t tapped into yet. So switch it up. Go into this cycle (lesson) with complete submission, humility, and integrity and watch the exposure of new truths arise.

The point is to learn, not relearn. Before we knew that 2+2=4… we had no idea… then we found out that 1+1+1+1 = 4 and 5-1=4… and so forth. Stay open to new ideas.

TGIF, can you believe it’s Friday already? I’m glad for it, but whew “funny how times flies…”

MUAH have a GREAT Weekend. We sunny over here in ATL!

4 comments:

  1. this really made me think, particulary the different ways of seeing/learning something that keeps showing up in our lives. (example in my life: the way abandonment I experienced with my mother as a child) has shaped how I view and experience loss, connection with others, attachment (healthy and unhealthy, etc. and really examining the patterns. thanks, Megan... for your super analytical mind that speaks to my own. :) you keep me so on track to making me find my own keeping on track :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a quote by a writer who always reminds me to take care and also pay attention to my spirit. she's like you in that she'll make you laugh and deeply think all in the same moment :)

    "It's funny: I always imagined when I was a kid that adults had some kind of inner toolbox full of shiny tools: the saw of discernment, the hammer of wisdom, the sandpaper of patience. But then when I grew up I found that life handed you these rusty bent old tools - friendships, prayer, conscience, honesty - and said 'do the best you can with these, they will have to do'. And mostly, against all odds, they do. "

    — Anne Lamott (Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith)



    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Carriemarie..... I LOVE THAT! and appearantly I'm feeling it... ya got me all emotional! But in a Good Way!!! I'm going to look for some work by that author Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne Lamott is a writer that wakes me up to life when I need a good swift kick in the behind in the most loving way. :) Traveling Mercies is a phenomenal book :) highly reccommend it!! :)

    ReplyDelete