Thursday, October 15, 2009

Just APPROVE Me.

Don’t let your children get a compliment from someone else, that they should’ve received from you.

In the same episode that I wrote about earlier, a different woman sharing her abusive experience, said “in contrast to what I was used to hearing from my mother, that I was clumsy, ugly, stupid and not smart. My father looked me in my eyes and said, “you are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen in my life.”

The level of desperation that a child seeks for approval is staggering. So you who are parents better recognize that a child will get that attention and love from someone, somewhere.

Why at the age of 20 is this woman for the first time hearing that she is beautiful, from this degusting pervert!? For God’s sake how many of us, long to be loved. How many of our children are longing to be approved!?

No comments:

Post a Comment