Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Don’t react out of character

I actually wasn’t going to write (blog) this morning because of the funk I was in due to some un-wanted news I fell on yesterday... but then I prayed and meditated this morning. Let me tell you something, if you’re not beginning your day(s) with sme kind of ritual or practice, you are missing out on so much PEACE! (LOL I yelled when I said peace – oxymoron). So this is what I found in my Spirit this morning...

My Mom told me yesterday, “don’t let a situation change who you are and how you respond.” Boy o Boy was that a aggressively prophetic thought. It hit me like a soft ton of bricks. See here’s the thing, first you have to know who you are and the kind of person you are (ie. Nice, kind, mean, gentle, etc... your characteristics) Not to be confused with “defining yourself” like I talked about yesterday. Once you know who you are, then you can “check yourself” when you’re doing something that you wouldn’t usually do. For example, if someone completely does you wrong... I mean COMPLETELY... your reaction will be based on who you are. If you are a kind and compassionate person, that’s how you will react, that will be the undercurrent in your moving forward with or towards that person. Does this make sense? Well it sho do to me. :0)

Love is a trip, especially when you love yourself. Ooooo I like that.

Have a blessed Tuesday ya’ll!

2 comments:

  1. I like what you said about how you react!!! I tell my children that they are not responsible for what someone else does, but only for what THEY do and how they react. This was the message Jesus brought. He also said "For out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks!"(Luke 6:45) What you put in is what you will get out. Goes along with your later message about attracting negative attention!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true I say it all the time. I'm not going to act out in rage that is not who I am. Alot of my friends have God love em have vindictive natures and seem to me to show no mercy when they get mad. But I am of the mind that if someone does me wrong I can just go in peace because if I show them no mercy why should I ever be shown mercy when I do someone wrong.

    ReplyDelete