Friday, November 26, 2010

Proud of Me

In my meditation this morning I realized I am PROUD of myself. Ok so this should not have shocked me the way did, right? I mean we should be proud of ourselves if nothing else. But in most cases we aren’t apart of our own fan club. The humility we were taught in church has a tendency to overshadow confidence, pressing down firmly on our self-worth with the text, “the meek shall inherit thee earth.” I in all my boldness, have felt that pressure, not realizing that it was suppressing my potential. It is ok to be proud of who I am, what I am and what I’ve already become, because it simply gets greater later.

Each one of us has something to be PROUD of, so pat yourself on the back. Congratulate those good yet difficult decisions. Give yourself a hug, and say aloud, “I love you and what you do for me.” That feeling will blow your mind once it sets in.

Happy Day After Thanksgiving. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment