Thursday, November 18, 2010

Who is Your God?

My friend told me today that when he woke up this morning he heard, “Stop telling God how big your problems are, tell your problems how BIG your God is.” Powerful words that we should live by, right? But I tweaked it just a little, tell your problem WHO your God is.

See I think that we have a tendency of making other things our god which inevitably becomes our problem(s). If you look at a situation that you’re dealing with, research back just a little bit, I’m sure that we will all discover that there was a fork in the road, where we made a choice based on our wants and Idol-I-listic (I just made that up) ideas. For example your love life is shoot (now), and when you look back, you’ll see how you kept choosing the wrong type of person (then), because they “fit” your certain criteria… but when you look around and think things over… you see that your criteria (how they look, how much money they had, etc…) was not based on love but on, something else (your idol). Right?

So today we’re in the midst of a problem, tell it that it is no longer the vocal point of your existence. Tell it that your decisions will now be based on Love, not greed. Tell it WHO your God really is.

BOOM! Have an awesome day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment