Thursday, December 9, 2010

In the Morning

I can not stress how wonderful it has been for me to have a practice. Every morning, regardless of any circumstances, I sit down write out what I’m grateful for, meditate, pray and listen to a song that fills my heart with a smile. This has changed my life for the better.

I’m sure most of us were taught to pray when we rise and when we go to sleep, but I believe it has become mechanical, don’t you? We’re really not acknowledging, we’re not really dwelling in our moments of petition when we ramble through the same redundant verbiage, are we?

So try something different. I read this somewhere a long time ago, about changing your prayers around. Instead of asking simply thank. Instead of praying for family, be specific and call their names and issues.

Make it a point to honor yourself with a practice of worship, it will make a difference.

MUAH

No comments:

Post a Comment